Thermo Scientific™ Nunc™ Externally-Threaded Universal Tubes offer a robust solution for solid or liquid sample storage. They feature 2D barcodes, graduations and a white patch for labeling. Additionally, the 5 mL tubes provide a wide mouth design for easy addition and extraction of solid sample material like tissue and their overall tube height of less than 50mm and U-bottom shape allows convenient access with standard length pipette tips when used for liquid storage. The externally-threaded design minimizes contamination risk in manual handling procedures. The tubes and rack are rated for storage down to vapor phase liquid nitrogen temperatures.
Innovative Universal Cap Design
- Single-piece construction with molded-in gasket
- Cannot be over-tightened manually or with automated capping tools
- Thermoplastic elastomer gasket material is compatible with storage at room temperature down to vapor phase of liquid nitrogen
- Permanently-bonded, unique 2D barcode laser-etched onto the base of tube to securely identify and track samples
- Thermo Scientific 2D barcode reader instantly decodes each tubes barcode, transferring tube information into your application or database
- Tubes include white writable space for sample information in addition to, or instead of using 2D barcodes
Stringent Quality Control
- 2D barcodes are scanned for readability and checked against a full database of of previous barcodes to ensure no duplicates across the Cryobank storage tube product line.
- Leak testing validation performed during the manufacturing process to ensure sample integrity is maintained
- Every tube has a Sterility Assurance Level of 106 and is made with class VI medical grade resins